Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lemuria

Very long overdue but I wanted to share some of the nice places my hubby (then fiancé) and I have been to.. :) Won't go too far back (might mix up things.. hehe).

Valentines this year (did I mention this is long overdue?) - he wanted to surprise me and was trying to hide where we would be going... that failed though since he still wasn't able to help himself and told me the place's name: Lemuria :)


The place was a bit hard to find - or maybe it was just because we took a wrong turn. :P But when we finally got there, I knew it was worth it. The place was nice, cozy, and private. When we got there, we were directed to a table in the Lavender room. We were only the second couple there but throughout the meal the other tables got occupied - probably 'cause it's Valentines and people were really looking for nice date places. :D

We were given complimentary bread with butter and some oil I could no longer remember. Since it's been so long, all I could say is I really enjoyed the bread - I believe one had walnuts - am not a fan of nuts but I liked this one. :)


For starters, we had soup. Mine was Mushroom and Gruyere - a creamy forest mushroom soup topped with gratinated Swiss cheese.


Hubby had Prawn Bisque - Lemuria's take on a classic soup, with orange and pernod.


Both soups were thick and packed with flavor - making them a bit hard to finish. I would skip soup next time.

Next up are the mains. I had the Kurobuta Pork Belly. Menu description: slow braised Japanese pork then lightly browned, served with salaradise potatoes, porcini mushrooms, roasted figs and peaches, and scented with a red wine reduction.


This, I really enjoyed. The pork was of melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Am not a fan of fruity flavors in main dishes but this one is an exception. The serving was generous yet we finished everything - except for the potatoes - a feeble attempt at reducing carb intake. :)

For hubby, he had Sea Bass - pan seared Chilean sea bass with a mushroom risotto and fresh vierge.


This is also good, but we felt serving was not as generous as the pork belly. Nevertheless, we enjoyed it.

And of course, me being me, dessert is a must!


Forgot what this was called - it wasn't that great too. I am in constant search for good desserts and I could honestly say I've had better.

Can't remember exactly how much but our total bill was around 3k+.

The whole evening was magical - the trip there, the place, the ambiance, the food... but most of all, the company. :)

No comments: