Thursday, December 20, 2007

Where is Happiness?

It is a known fact that we all want to be happy. But how exactly can you be happy if you don’t even have an inkling as to what could make you happy?

How can you say you’re happy? Could it be from how often you smile or laugh? But what if you’re just faking it? Can anyone tell you how you feel just basing on your aura? Or would any “observations” remain as they are: mere observations… not exactly true but relatively true (depends on how a person sees it)… If you say you’re happy just because you feel you’re happy… how sure are you that you really are happy and you’re not just convincing yourself to think and feel that way?

And if one isn’t happy, how can she gain that state? Where should she start looking? What should she start doing? And if she finds nothing, when should she start giving up? Why is happiness so elusive? Are we sure that each and every one of us is to have our own happy endings… or are some people destined to just be watching on the sidelines?

I look around me and I see smiling faces… my friends having a blast, my sister’s smile reaching her eyes, yet another sister looking proud as she played her latest composition, my mom and dad enclosed in each other’s embrace… and I knew, I just knew… I’m one of the watchers… Because even if I don’t exactly feel the same happiness they had, just seeing them with it made me feel I had even just a part of it. :)

Note:
Sorry… being cynical seems to be my past time lately. :)

3 comments:

kilcher said...

at some point in your life makikita mo rin yun, kahit yung hindi makapigil-ikot-ng-mundong happiness. kahit katiting lang. meron pa rin yan.

don't lose hope, krotone (although this sounds rather preposterous coming from me hehe).

tsaka andaming tanong hahaha.

snow angel said...

hahaha!! sana nga hehehe.. kaso di ko pa rin alam ano exactly hinahanap ko e.. :)

kilcher said...

hahaha. *apir* tayo jan!